- - -
: Audio/Video discussion
| > / DMITRY KOLDUN > Koldun Dmitry
: 1, 2, 3
ls227
yes skymiles i totally agree with you. the interview was good. dima's english is really good. good luck to dima in eurovision. i hope he will actually go there.
Borislav_Borce
I made a video for the song which is Dima's New year surprise for us.I hope that you will like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CaZFihpN7A...player_embedded
MiriamEla
That was a really good video, Borislav!!

I have slightly mixed impressions about the song. The music is not the best that Bagrat ever wrote, but I'm kind of touched because it sounds similar to a lot of my experiments on the Reason program - some piano and very synthy - and one of the "instrument" settings sounds EXACTLY like something I used for an instrumental break in a song I made! As for the lyrics, of course I'm sad that he didn't choose mine, but it was a good choice, and it's really interesting what he said about the lyrics fitting an already composed song. And of course, Dima sounds as good as ever on the vocals. <3

Time for me to put music to my own lyrics...
Guinness
Hi there! It's one of those days again...

Here is a modest English translation of what Dmitry wrote in the Russian Audio/Video Discussion at 0:57 a.m. Moscow time today:

Well!
As usual, I want to start with our traditional lets embrace each other, however not formally but wholeheartedly)
I have made up my mind to share this with you
Today I have received a master track of yet another song to be included into my album; we will think it over how to name it, but I like it a lot even without a name))
Now, here is what we have: 5 songs are ready, including my duo with Jacqueline and "In an Empty Room", to say nothing of the fresh snow that, as I have noticed, is especially liked:)
I have a lot of work in front of me, now this work is going on at two songs, one of which is "She", while the other one is an English-language track, the name of which I would not want to disclose at this stage However, it will also have a Russian-language version. And surely, as I have promised, I will select a track from the Contest texts there are plenty there, but I will try to do my best to select fast Also I have a few songs that are way down the road, all I can say now that one of them is called Hit!
And as they say in Paris, eau amen
skymiles
That's such a nice message. It is great to hear from Dima again. I understand that he is working hard and I am waiting with patience for new surprises. I wanted to comment about the new song "padal sneg". It's pleasant to hear this type of song in these cold days. It seems that the music is more positive than the words, but still came out unusual.
MiriamEla
That recording of by K/G/B is really interesting. Gurkova is pretty good and Barsukov is okay... but the song just sounds better as a solo... I know that K/G/B also did together. I wonder how many other Koldun classics they've performed/recorded.
ybet_koldun
wow i love dima's new song out of the blue!!! wub.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoz_MwTF9Fg

Where Jacqueline is from? From Russia or...?
Borislav_Borce
(ybet_koldun @ 25.12.2010, 23:14) *
wow i love dima's new song out of the blue!!! wub.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoz_MwTF9Fg

What Jacqueline is from? From Russia or...?

And I too!The preview of the song it's amazing!The song is so powerful and I really can't for the official premier of the song!
Ybet,Jacqueline is from Holland. smile.gif
Victoria2011
I agree with you!!! This song just drives me crazy!!))
I love it sooo much!!! yahoo.gif yahoo.gif
I want it to represent our Belarus at Eurovision 2011!!! pleaaase!!!!!!.....
skymiles
The new song with Jacqueline is very good. Is it really planned for Eurovision? That sounds drastically interesting! Can't wait to see the show.
ybet_koldun
(skymiles @ 27.12.2010, 14:16) *
Is it really planned for Eurovision?

Really? newconfus.gif Dima will go this year in the ESC? or I understood wrong..?
iviK
Ybet, Dima's planning to go to Eurovision again (maybe this year), but it's not sure yet. There must be a national selection (like Eurofest). Besides, I think that the song can't be published before November??! unsure.gif (I'm not sure of the date...) and Jacqueline is Dutchwoman...

I don't know, but I think this is not Dima's style. Rock (or pop/rock) suits him more...
'' '' is OK, wonderful song; but this is too 'dancy' pleasantry.gif

And I'm really impressed with Dima's performance in , ! He was amazing! Beautiful song and nice camera shootings. I want to see it live biggrin.gif
MiriamEla
Woohoo!! I can't wait to hear the whole song! Right now I'm thinking that they both sound really good (Dima's voice... ahhhhh *swoon*) but their voices don't quite blend well together. Oh well, we'll have to wait for the finished version. And is it true that they're entering this for Eurovision???
asichka2
It will be very cool,if that song is for Eurovizion,but Dima has the last word.
MiriamEla
Heyaaa can someone ask on the Russian forum if anyone has a video of the parts of with Dima not singing? Like where this picture (ooh magic!) comes from? I don't want to go there myself, but I really want to see the rest!
Gladys
I like performance New Year Night on Channel One and Dima`s song Snow Was Falling .
The song is very much pleasant to me)))
Such gentle New Year's song))) give_rose.gif
And Dima looked wonderful))) thumbsup.gif

About the duet with Sogdiana
The song "The train" I listen with pleasure!
I will wait for new performances now.

And now about a duet with Jacqueline.
The song very very beautiful)))
It`s something unusual... In a word, a fantastic song!!! thumbup.gif give_rose.gif
asichka2
Mee,too.Every day i listen ''Falling snow'' and a duet with Jackline. clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

So beatiful songs!!!!!
skymiles
''Falling snow'' becomes even more pleasant after listening to it more and more. I still did not hear the complete version of the song with Jacqueline, and therefore cannot comment much, but partially it sounds good. I am not sure if Dima will go to Eurovision in a duet. I think that there will be another song for Eurovision if he will decide to go.
I also wanted to pay attention at the performance from the "Song of the Year". I think if there will be an English text for this song, then it will nicely go for Eurovision. Everything looks pretty nice with the piano.
MiriamEla
It's so great to hear Out of the Blue finalized at last! (Yes, I WAS the first person to post it on this forum. Amazon rocks.) I'm amazed - yet another song that Dima gets SPOT ON. And Jacqueline sounded great too, and I did get used to the blend of their voices. The preview grew on me, so I was completely ready for the arrangement, the blend, etcetera, and then Dima just blew me away... aaaagain. The only problem with this song is that I don't think they sing enough. There's too much instrumental and not enough vocal. MORE DIMA! MORE! MORE! MORE!!!!
Borislav_Borce
I'm also part of the huge list of fans that love"Out of the Blue" thumbup.gif .I really like the song and like I can see on the forum and on the other sites and forums the comments about the song are very positive!I want to say that I'm really impressed of the song because I'm big fan of the powerful and fast song and "Out of the Blue" is one of them.I really like the music and the lyrics and also Dima's voice.Dima's english is perfect so I think that he is totally ready for international carrier. I really like to listen Dima when he sings on english and I wish more new song on english.Like yesterday and today I can't stop listening the song.
I can't wait to hear Dima 's solo version of the song.I hope that soon we will have a chance to hear it.Also I really like the text that is writen on the official site for the premier of the song.Big thanks to the writer of the text and to Dima,Jacqueline and of course the composer for the song!
It's so cool that the video clip will be shoot in Netherlands so I hope that soon we will have more news about the video clip and many pictures and videos from Dima 's trip in Netherlands.
At the end I want to wish a lot of success to the song and let this song be only begining for Dima's international carrier which he really deserves!
Gladys
With a premierea song to us)))) drinks.gif

I like very much a song "Out of the blue" !!! thumbup.gif
The song is dynamical,powerful )))
The melody and the text are interesting

The duet of Dima and Jacqueline is wonderful, harmonious))) thumbup.gif

Many thanks to the composer for the music, to the poet for the text

And Dime with Jacqueline for sining!!! give_rose.gif give_rose.gif give_rose.gif

PS I Will wait a clip on this song!!!
ls227
Wow. This is cool. The song is pretty good. Can't wait to see the video. I hope Dima takes it to Eurovision.
Guinness
Hello everyone, this is what Dmitry Koldun wrote at 04:47 Moscow time this morning in the Russian Audio/Video Discussion page:

"Hi there, I have stopped by in the morning))
I would like to say thank you to all who supports the promotion of Out of the Blue in the Internet, and also for all your opinions)) It was interesting to read them))
Now my team and I are working at the song She that is familiar to quite a few of you)), and at least two more absolutely new sound tracks are on the way, and we will shortly start working at one of those code-named Navigator))
Thats all for now)"

hi.gif
skymiles
She is such a great song. The music is very beautiful, and the words makes it even more piercing into the mind.
After listening a complete version of "Out of the blue", I can say that this is definitely a good song. I like the combination of voices in a different pitch, and that makes it very original.
MiriamEla
Aww, you're very welcome, Dima! It's always my pleasure spreading your name around! (For anyone who doesn't know, I made this, for which Jacqueline actually thanked me personally.)

I didn't really get a good listen to , because the video quality was kind of iffy and I wanted to wait until it was recorded, but what I remember hearing was very good. I'm really looking forward to hearing the studio version, and also this new "Navigator" song. Keep up the good work!
Nadia
I absolutely love this new song "Out Of The Blue." It's great to have a new song in English and will boost Dima's international career into Europe. I can't wait to see the live performance and video clip!! yahoo.gif
asichka2
Mee,too.I am sure,that the video will be great,i can't stop listening this song,IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!! clapping.gif
Guinness
Hello there! This is what Dima wrote in the Russian-language Audio/Video Discussion at 21:29 today:

Hi!
I want to share my impressions of the Music Ring on NTV
I believe that this is a good, well-done TV program of sensible format. Anyway, I was pleased to have participated in this project, especially that I had sparring with Glyzin))) Hopefully you will like the TV version))). Pity that the questions were mostly around politics And by the way, thanks for your support!
P.S. Tsoy is alive!)))

hi.gif
skymiles
I just wanted to add some comments about the video from the photo session. It seems very interesting to see Dima in a diferent way. It would be even more unusual if he will decide to perform in this type of clothes. I found that some snow plus sun created a fresh mood, even though some people were sleepy at this time like me. That is a refreshing beginning of spring.flowers.gif
skymiles
How do you guys like the performance with the little girl? It seems very cool! I think that Dima is performing with kids this year. That seems very nice, and it also gives an opportunity to these kids to perform with him. wow.gif
MiriamEla
I think the webconference went really well... for not being able to understand it. He did answer my question, and he also answered somehting I've really wanted to find out, which was about his religious beliefs (except I didn't understand that very well either). If someone could post a transcription of the entire conference that would be fantastic, but I doubt anyone has the time. Also, Borislav, it seems you got major recognition.
Nadia
I forgot to watch the conference so if anybody has a transcript that would be great!
MiriamEla
I would really like a transcript as well. A video recording would be even better. Can I find one anywhere?
Borislav_Borce
(MiriamEla @ 16.4.2011, 19:57) *
I would really like a transcript as well. A video recording would be even better. Can I find one anywhere?

I just ask Antis and she said to me that the video of the online conference will be soon!Probably in Monday!))I will also inform the other international fans about this!
nightsilhouette
(Borislav_Borce @ 16.4.2011, 19:00) *
I just ask Antis and she said to me that the video of the online conference will be soon!Probably in Monday!))I will also inform the other international fans about this!

thanks a lot for this, Borce. I missed it too, darn timezones and I forgot it was Moscow time, so when I wanted tzo watch it I figured it's already 10pm in Moscow when it was 8Pm here -.-
Btw hello everyone! I'm back after awhile...had to open new account tho...=/

btw was conference in english too since Jacqueline was with him or was it in russian?

(nightsilhouette @ 17.4.2011, 23:33) *
thanks a lot for this, Borce. I missed it too, darn timezones and I forgot it was Moscow time, so when I wanted to watch it I figured it's already 10pm in Moscow when it was 8Pm here -.-
Btw hello everyone! I'm back after awhile...had to open new account tho...=/

btw was conference in english too since Jacqueline was with him or was it in russian?

geez I'm totally lost with settings here on this new forum...anyone care to help how do you edit your post here?
Gladys
geez I'm totally lost with settings here on this new forum...anyone care to help how do you edit your post here?

Snezana,on the right side you can see +
It`s means TO CHANGE
And you can edit your post)
nightsilhouette
(Gladys @ 18.4.2011, 7:51) *
Snezana,on the right side you can see +
It`s means TO CHANGE
And you can edit your post)

huh strange, cause I don't see it =/ maybe cause I got a new account and some settings are disabled? thaks a lot for your help tho! :]]

however, I've sent a message to antis now, so hopefully she can help me as I have problems with my account too =/
Guinness
Hi there! I thought you may be keen to know what Dima wrote in yesterday's Audio/Video Discussions (at 13:40):

Good afternoon!

Now I have made up my mind to share with you a few thoughts on my artistic life
I am coming to conclusion that one way or another the process of creation is not getting any easier Rather the other way round I used to think that maybe I will learn and will be getting luck. Not likely! Every day, well, almost every day I come across some new problems and get childishly surprised with things that seem to be obvious Like those For example, with TopHit and the number of rotations. And even when the soundtrack is marked crimson in the broadcast calendar it will make no sense Without support of radio stations of the Moscow region who have their own rules and regulations.
Now we have two or three soundtracks and we are trying to select from them a song that will follow. Every now and then there appears desire to look for a song elsewhere, and this contest on the website is just a trifle, we are being sent new songs in many ways, and my meeting with Kobylyansky was not just to eat meatballs As well as my meetings with others, who are similarly well-known. Searching.
However, let me congratulate you with May Day and happy trails in your life!
ybet_koldun
(Borislav_Borce @ 16.4.2011, 20:00) *

damn thumbdown.gif my pc wasnt working for a long time so ive missed everything sad.gif im so jealous of you
ybet_koldun
Dima sang so great at Nuclear kid!! my favourite was day mne silu he sang it amazing yahoo.gif
skymiles
The conference was definitely great. I was able to hear a lot of philosophical answers and interesting jokes. Thanks to Dima for that. I am also glad that we were able to see him again answering our questions.
ybet_koldun
Can someone translate the video which Dima is giving some money inside a bottle?? What is that for?..
MiriamEla
I really like ! I was beginning to think - after , , and - that Dima was getting a little bit attached to one sound, so it was great to hear a more upbeat song. And also, YAY, HE'S SINGING LIVE AGAIN!!!
skymiles
I also like . It is a very romantic style and makes me just relax and listen. I hope that there will be more similar songs from Dima...

I also like . It is a very romantic style and makes me just relax and listen. I hope that there will be more similar songs from Dima...
Guinness
Friends, this is the English translation of the New Year greeting Dmitry Koldun wrote in the Russian Audio/Video Discussion Section on January 1 at 8:24 p.m.:

"Dear members and guests of the Forum!
From the bottom of my heart I congratulate you with the New Year of 2012! Thank you for your votes and the time you spend on my music, discussion, critics and support of my songs. I am very grateful for everything! Let the new year be successful for you and me!))).
The year was difficult, and I hope the next one will not be any easier, but the more pleasant is the feeling of the goal attained in ones hands! I hope for your further support, THANK you that you are around!))) A Happy New Year!))) Hurrrrrray!"
skymiles
I really like the video lip for . The surroundings are very beautiful and Dima's mood fits them well.
MiriamEla
After the preview, the things I'm looking forward to the most on are:
1. - FINALLY!!! I'm sure this song has been haunting every Koldunya since the Korolyov concert in 2009. Now we are at last going to have it for real!
2. - After watching the performance video of this song I completely fell in love with it. I really want to hear the "official" version now.
3. - Just because it sounds a little bit different from Dima's normal stuff (if there is such a thing). It also seems like it would be coverable.
MiriamEla
(double post)

First, I want to thank Dima for ing my last post. I'm honored that my opinion means that much.

So, Takeoff Day (as I'm now calling it) didn't work out so well for me, because there's no way as of yet to hear the album unless you go out and buy it in a store, and I can't exactly do that. When I finally get to hear the songs in full - I'm calling that Landing Day - I will put up opinions on them in this topic. May I suggest maybe putting on a site like iTunes or Amazon? I'm totally willing to buy it twice... especially with all the iTunes credit I have. I do still want a physical copy but darn it I want the songs!

Also, when I do review the album, if someone could translate what I post in a message to me that would be great.
MiriamEla
(Sorry for multiple-posting, but there's no one else here and I can't talk this easily on the Russian forum!)

So I liked . It was fun and upbeat and a change from Dima's normal style. But I STILL haven't heard to !!!! If you want to put it on iTunes, I'm more than willing to buy it twice. If you don't, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put all the tracks up on the site! You did that for , so why not for this one too?

I really don't want to have to resort to sharesites...
MiriamEla
Success! I've now entered what I'm going to call "cruising period" - that is, when I'm able to hear all the songs on (in bad quality) but don't own the album yet. Someone uploaded the songs onto Fresh Records, and even though I downloaded them, this is NOT a permanent subsitute for getting the music the right way. I won't be satisfied until I have the album in my hands, but I am now able to do that review that I promised for every song... so let's get started!

Main tracks:
: The first time I heard this song, the saxophone part seemed a little weird - like elevator music - but I've gotten used to it by now. I'm obviously fond of this song, since I even made a music video for my cover of it. I agree with Dima that it's pretty different from a lot of the music in the pop world today, and it's refreshing in a way.
: I was wondering which mix of this song was going to be on the album, since there are at least two different mixes with subtle differences. I personally like the one they chose, which has those few guitar notes during the second verse (unlike the first version that was released on the site). My favorite part of this song is the chorus at the end.
: I remember when this song was released, and it was a more upbeat song after a string of ballads - sort of a return to Dima's earlier style (which makes sense because he wrote this one). Even though that's not as much the case here, it's hard for me to get rid of that impression. It's a great song.
: The first new song! I like the chords, I like the contrast between the verses and the choruses, and I really like the vocal effects. The bagpipes in the middle are a nice touch too. I can't help smiling at " "...
: This song has changed a lot from its first performance from the live set in Korolyov. For the most part I prefer the album version, but I do miss the beginning/ending ostenato and the original keyboard solo. I like the addition of the oriental instruments and the gong (I know that's Dima's favorite part).
: I was expecting something a little different at the beginning, given what Dima played in the preview video, but I like what I heard. There's that little "oh" during the chorus that I'm not too fond of. I have to say that Anton's solo is one of my favorite parts of this song, and I think that maybe taking the arrangement of instruments from under the solo and putting it into the chorus would have made the song even better.
: This has got to be my favorite song on the album. I listened to it a few times on and it still gives me the same exhilarating feeling. It's just an all-around amazing ballad - emotional, powerful, and moving. Some highlights of this track for me are the "sonar pings" at the beginning, the lead-in to each chorus, the false echo ( ), and the heartbeat at the end. It feels like my own heartbeat...
: I have a feeling this song could be really great with a different arrangement. As it is, it's okay, but some elements seem out of place - for example, the funk rhythm doesn't agree with the slightly oldies-sounding chord progression. I like the verses more than the chorus.
: I can't help but see the opening credits of 20 ! There's not much I can say about this song. It's a good one, let's leave it at that.
radio edit: I always enjoy listening to this song, especially since I've recently been re-watching clips from the rock opera. I really can't tell which version of the song I like more (this one or the one on ). I think I like the vocals on this version more though.
: Wow, I just noticed that this is the only non-bonus song on the album in a major key! It's a lot more pop-sounding than any of the others, but I don't mind. I could do without the backing vocals though. This is still the song that I want to cover.
Bonus tracks:
A Day Without War: Still as meaningful as when I first heard it. It was a great song for JESC and UNICEF and if I ever do some sort of peace presentation I'll make sure to use it. (However, it still annoys me that the line isn't "give me A day without war".)
Ray of Light: Party time! I really enjoy listening to this song - so much that I always find myself dancing in my seat. Also, Dima's accent is a lot less noticeable here than in any of the other songs in English.
: I remember when this song first came out and my town had just had an ice storm, so the feeling of the song was enhanced by where I listened to it. It really is beautiful. It also reminds me somewhat of my own songs.
remix: I was surprised at how well this song responds to remixing. This remix is okay, but I wish they had used the other one (the Ugrumov remix) - it changed the chords in a way that better suited an upbeat song.
remix: This song doesn't remix quite as well, especially with the saxophone. I do like the echo effect at the end. That was cool.

Overall impressions: Great album. Lots of good songs. I would have preferred more songs written by Dima, because they're usually the ones I like more. I can't wait to get my own copy!

(Someone PLEASE translate this for me in a private message so I can post it in Dima's thread!!!)
, , .
IP.Board © 2001-2022 IPS, Inc.